Friday, September 13, 2019

I May Smell Like Bacon But I Haven't Oinked Yet - New Release

The title of this book, I May Smell Like Bacon But I Haven't Oinked Yet, speaks to the resiliency of Richard Allen Warner, Captain USMC (ret.).
The Marine Corps motto: Semper Fidelis (always faithful) attests to the character of this man. And the three core values of the Marine Corps: Honor, Courage, and Commitment exemplify his life.
HONOR: Discipline at an early age set the stage for his accomplishments. Obeying and honoring his parents were paramount.
"Please Mom. I won't do it again!" he pleaded.
"That's the purpose of this whipping!" she affirmed.
"How dare you give your mother THE LOOK!" his dad fumed. "You're going to the basement with me!"

COURAGE: Richard's first step in this direction occurred when he defied his mother.
"Well, I've been thinking about joining the Navy."
"Listen hear young man! I've told you several times that you are going to college!"
"No Mom, I've made up my mind!"

COMMITMENT: Richard was committed to his military service and his family.
In the summer of 1970, he took his family westward from Florida on an educational tour to visit the Western States' Capitals.






You can purchase this new release here.

For more information, visit Covenant Books

No comments:

Post a Comment